Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Effects of Things on You

Just like sugar affects diabetics, sugar affects PTSD survivors. I really have to pay attention to the effects of chemicals on my system. Am I sensitive to EVERYTHING? It seems like the tiniest amount of stimulants sets off symptoms. You also don't want to be stuck in a no-fun lifestyle. What do you do?

Water and lemon juice seem to be two of the best things in your diet to help you cope. The right kind of unsweetened tea also helps. Not the ultra-acidic type that maybe your local store sells. You can get decent brands for decent prices. You just have to know where to look.

I still feel like I'm getting bombarded with symptoms every day. It like your body's memory is screaming to be heard. You scream and fight to not black out. At the end of the day, you're so wiped out you're really tempted to just give in and get a 96 oz. sweet drink and Big ______ set so you feel like you have energy again. Maybe this is one part of their global corporate strategy to target customer niches?

I can't afford to go to a live therapist right now. What else can I do?

No comments: