Friday, March 6, 2015

You're Not Insane

Another day of non stop fighting symptoms. It feels like you never get a break. On the other hand, the severity of your symptoms are a reflection of the severity of your trauma history. It has to come out. If not in one way, in other painful ways.

You fight to focus and to not fall apart. Adrenalin surges make you feel like you have no sense of balance. It's like your entire body is ready to just collapse. You fight to not dissociate. Body pain and flash cuts to being raped still happen.

Despite all of this, it's not your fault. I'm not insane. I'm not a threat to myself or anyone else.

I'm not crazy
I'm not crazy
I'm not crazy
I'm not crazy
I'm not crazy

I'm not responsible for what other horrible people say and do.

It's not my fault.

I did nothing wrong.

You have to fight back.

Nobody else will look out for you.

We just want to feel safe.



No comments: