Monday, May 12, 2008

How to Cope With The Fear

NOTE: This blog contains explicit content and occasional "triggers"(sights, sounds, phrases and more) that migh upset trauma survivors. They're only used to help make a point. If these bother you, stop reading now. If not, continue and thanks for your support.

Another meeting tonight with my multiples and little kid. And everything feels black. How come nobody loves us? I do. Then how come nobody else does? How come nobody ever touches us and says I'm sorry you were raped? Will it always be like this?

And then I say, I hope not. I wish I could gurantee that. But I'm always here for you. How else do you respond to that? How do you cope with a lifetime of no contact, reassurance or feeling like there's hope of any kind?

You could say the usual, shut up and carry on. But unfortunately, the entire world doesn't walk in lockstep and obey every command given. So what do you do instead?

No comments: