Saturday, August 24, 2013

Trying to Cope

Today time to kick back for a while. Yesterday was long and stressful. I've been trying for almost a month to get two test results back that might involve long term treatment. Nothing in the mail, nothing on line. No call from my primary GP.

Then I find out that they had a IT problem that wiped out current copies of patients records. Fortunately they had my backup, so no need to go back in and redo the tests. I found out two things. First, I tested negative for Celiac's Disease. Now I can go back if I want to to a normal diet that includes gluten. Second, I tested positive for rheumatoid arthritis (one type of autoimmune disease).

The clinic never notified me of the IT meltdown. My doctor never called me about my test results. And now, I still can't get copies of my test results to use to try and get a second opinion about the arthritis.

How's your day so far?

One of the hardest things to deal with right now is long term horrible abuse. Since long term stress can hurt your immune system, does this mean that fighting to survive against something that's not my fault has made me sick?

In the meantime, I'm still following my holistic health routine. Right now, focus on health first and getting thru more appointments. Then, go back to finding the new jobs. Prioritize, but multi-task.

Any comments?

No comments: