Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Trying to Not Dissociate

What's one of the hardest symptoms to deal with right now? Dissociating. Trying not to give into the urge to dissociate which feels like a drug in a way and then just disappear. It makes your pleasure centers in your brain feel great and then you don't know where you are.

The severity of symptoms is also a big struggle. One minute it feels like there are small moments of clarity. Then, everyone and everywhere is a threat. As much as possible, don't dissociate. You don't want to attack anyone. Which means when you go out, always have a plan to protect yourself and others.

Intuition is also sharp as well. You feel at times like you're 4 steps ahead of the rest of the world. Am I really the only one who knows everything that's happening? Hang on a minute. It's not my job to save the world. My health comes first.

I have to focus really hard to not dissociate. It feels like you're trying to not slip across a line into not knowing where you are.

I did nothing wrong. I'm telling the truth about being a rape survivor. If others don't want to admit that I exist or say and do horrible stuff, I have no control over that. However, I will protect myself.

No comments: