Thursday, January 10, 2008

Symptoms Are Really Rough Right Now

NOTE: This blog contains graphic content, language and "triggers." These are sights, sounds, etc. that can be upsetting to PTSD survivors. If these bother you, stop reading now. Otherwise, continue and thanks for checking this out.

It's almost Friday. And my symptoms are really bad right now. Adrenalin surges are the worst. I try to do lots of holistic things (exercise, diet, more sleep) in addition to therapy. But despite all that I still at times feel like I'm losing strength and feeling all over. My therapist says it's the severe PTSD trauma coming out at various times. When it does right now it's really severe. Other traditional MD's usually misdiagnose this in many ways (everything from MS to fibromyalgia). At times I feel like I'm going to literally snap. I jump up out of bed in the middle of the night and stumble around in the dark screaming and not knowing where I am. The last time that happened I didn't sleep for about two days.Will I ever get a break?

No comments: