Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Pay Attention to Subtle Stuff

Still battling symptoms and trying to protect myself from triggering stuff as best I can. Screen everything, and if you don't have to look at something stay away from it.

Part of this is to pay attention to the effects of things on you. Maybe something is second nature, and it doesn't seem to be a problem. Then suddenly you can't do it anymore. I've had to make a lot of changes in diet, hangouts and in other areas. For a long time, I had a really severe junk food habit (in addition to severe alcoholism, destructive dissociating rituals and more). Now, I don't do that stuff anymore. However, you still pay attention to how you feel.

Is it just body chemistry that's healing? Emotions and chemistry? Or more? We try to look at it like it's overall healing from long term abuse.

How's your healing?

No comments: