Saturday, October 5, 2013

Boundaries and More

A really long day of fighting symptoms and trying to not black out. Now, stay away from triggering stuff as much as possible. Set boundaries and screen everything. Like anybody lese with symptoms, if you basically try to be as healthy as possible, that's a big part of it.

Having said that, you still have nightmares and other problems. Did somebody try to break in last night? Or, was it just a nightmare?

Hyperawareness is still a problem in crowded places. You feel like you're getting bombarded with stimulus from all directions. Do you attack anyone? Do you scream, snap and then possibly black out?

As you fight symptoms and try to stay focused, you feel totally exhausted. At times during the day I just turn things off and stretch out to listen to how I feel. Don't give in and listen to triggering stuff that will make you dissociate for days at  time.

When my multiples and little kid feel sad, we like to sit and rock back and forth for a while. I don't always know the answers for them. But I do my best to reassure them that it's my job to protect us.
I always take the time to explain to them, and never to talk down to them.

How do you deal with feelings of abandonment? We still struggle with feeling like an orphan. We did nothing wrong. Yet, it's still there.

Don't dissociate. As positively as you can, do something else. It's not a matter of having perfect bliss 24/7. Instead, it's a matter of balance.

It's not our fault. We did nothing wrong. We're telling the truth. That's all that matters.


No comments: