Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Cover Your Bases

Another day of covering bases and trying to keep a sense of balance as best you can. We still have PTSD symptoms and explicit body pain from being raped. Despite that, I've had almost no chest pain since I got out of the hospital.

I hope to have a referral from my GP in February to go to a psychiatrist who I've heard has experience in dealing with complex PTSD cases like mine. One concern I have is how lots of traumatic events can build up and make your symptoms worse.

How do you deal with this? Everybody's different. I've found that just going with your feelings doesn't work. It then feels like everyone who ever treated you like crap is ganging up on you.

Maybe one answer is it's not your fault. Another is as long as you're telling the truth, that's all that matters.

No comments: