Friday, September 27, 2013

Balance

How's your week been? Here, it's been getting thru unexpected bills, symptoms and more. Now, just kick back and some nice tea.

I know there's no magic cure to dealing with trauma. However, all normal human beings who are trauma survivors have their bad moments. Anger, frustrations, feeling abandoned, and wondering do I have to cure myself? You can't control what other horrible people do and say. On the other hand, you can protect yourself as best you can.

How do you not give into the feeling that everybody is out to attack you? Is everyone lying to you? I really don't want to end up like that.

Set your boundaries and protect yourself. Also, pay attention to the effects of things on you. In much of Western culture, it's in-your-face that's normal. In other places, it's indirectness. If something's second nature, is it really good for you? If it is, so much the better. If not, what else can you do?

In my case, I try as best I can to not dissociate. Do something else that's positive. You feel many times like you'll snap, black out or just kill everyone who gets in your way. Then again, considering everything that I've been thru (along with my little kid and multiples), none of this is abnormal. Scary and horrible, yes. But not strange.

Have a nice night.

No comments: