Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Fighting Not to Dissociate

This blog talks about one person's fight against PTSD from being raped. Occasionally I use "triggers" (sights, sounds and more) to get points across. If this bothers you, stop now. Otherwise, keep going and thanks for the support.

How's your week? I'm trying really hard to stay away from triggers as much as possible. Dissociating still happens. And at times it feels like you're getting beaten down all the time. Horrible flashbacks and it's like everything's exploding all at once.

I meditate, use my herbs and try to do as much healthy stuff as possible. But sometimes you feel like you're hanging on the edge.

My therapist keeps saying that everything is flooding out and it will even out. But sometimes I wonder about that. One minute we feel ok. The next minute we think we're going to scream and fall apart.

How do others treat you as a survivor? Being a guy survivor, I try not to dwell on the feeling that nobody wants to be bothered. But sometimes it's a real challenge to do it. To not give into the homical anger and kill everybody who gets in your way.

Thanks for the comments. Please link this blog everywhere you can.

No comments: