Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Good News and Bad News

NOTE: This blog talks about one person fighting PTSD from sex abuse. Sometimes I use "triggers" (sights, sounds and more) to get points across. If these bother you, stop reading now. Otherwise, keep going. And thanks for the support.

Sorry for the posting gap. But it's long hours of fighting symptoms, job hunting and more.

Good news first. I did an interview with a very famous FM station about being a rape survivor, PTSD and more. If they don't change their mind, it's supposed to air in September. More on this as it happens.

Now the bad news. I still have nightmares, dissociating and all the rest of it. Some counselors have told me that having the lucid dreams is horrible but a normal sign of your body/mind trying to deal with being raped. Also, for the past three days I've heard various people online talking about rape, and other forms of abuse. But NOT ONCE did anybody say, and yes, guys getting raped is really horrible too.

How come I don't count? I'm tempted sometimes to call these people and say something. But then I think, other than this recent interview, what's the point? My multiples, my little kid and I all feel like the world is beating us down and saying NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOU. Nobody wants anything to do with you. And we will NEVER EVER talk about this s**t. Because this is just too f*****g weird.

What are you supposed to do then?

No comments: