Thursday, May 14, 2015

You Just Want to Rest

Finally got thru the doctor appointments this week. On the other hand, symptoms are still a daily struggle. By the end of the day, I can barely move. But you have to keep going.

Talked to my doctor today about trying to follow holistic ideas in your health (health being both physical and mental). Every day despite trying to keep some sense of being grounded, I still get bombarded with pain. If I have a choice, I'd rather not take lots of medication. One reason is because I'm not a case study for testing a new drug. Not always, but many times when a doctor talks about something is safe, you immediately say says who? It's been studied and peer reviewed. Next questions. By who? Was this study paid for by the manufacturer? It wouldn't be the first time.

Aside from a major back operation and some outpatient surgery, I've been lucky in not needing to have further operations. I just trying to protect myself overall. One reason: I've had better luck with holistic health than with traditional treatments.

Time for a break.

No comments: