Friday, February 14, 2014

We're Telling the Truth

How's your healing process? Do you still have nightmares, bloody pan and hyperawareness? We do. I've got an appointment with a psychiatrist next month, and we'll see what she has to say.

Despite that, I'm struggling with balancing filing for disability and keeping control over my life. Yes, you can't control everything that happens. However, you can do everything you can to maintain your dignity.

Do you feel like others who say they care really want nothing to do with you (as long as you talk about being a rape survivor)? That's not the only thing I am. But it IS part of me.

Maintain your boundaries as best you can. You're telling the truth that you were raped. That's all that matters.

Why do other horrible people act horribly? I don't know. Despite that, they have to live with what they say and do? Not you.

Just trying to keep my sense of balance. Any comments?

No comments: